Monday, April 14, 2014

Turning self defeat into SUCESS

"The only place a self-defeating attitude will get you is a back row seat to watching others live the life you want to live, but don't have the courage for." 

I often hear people complaining about how 'life is too hard', or 'I don't have enough of this or that', or 'I'm just miserable'.  How can we ever get ahead if all we do is complain? Personally I've found it much more beneficial to try to maintain a positive and upbeat attitude. After all, feeling unhappy about things isn't going to make things better, is it? Not in my experience. A frown never cleaned my house or made me extra money. A smile on the other hand shows people that you are inviting and pleasant, and will be more likely to bring you positive experiences than a frown will.

I never received a new client for work by scowling at them, but I have by smiling and being kind. I dislike the way negative emotions make me feel, and I much prefer to stay positive. I constantly have positive experiences when I'm happy. Just the other day I got a referral from a friend who needed some help with work. I was really grateful and honored that she thought of me. I have always been very kind to her and I'm sure she wouldn't have sent a client my way if I was miserable to her.

Each day I try my best to be positive and happy. It really has made a huge difference in the last 6 months of my life. People ask me, 'how can you be so happy when you have debt to pay off?' My response is simple. Feeling miserable and angry about my circumstances won't help me fix it any faster. In fact, it's going to ruin my day feeling like that. Rather, I try to be as happy as possible because the sooner I can change things around, the sooner I'll have a better life. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment